Gynaecologists are medical doctors that deal
As opposed to the general perception they don’t just deliver babies, it is
How Can You Become a Gynaecologist?
Becoming a gynaecologist Melbourne takes a lot of hard work and persistence.
After you are done with your undergrad and have been accepted into a medical school, you will go through four years of academics. Once you have cleared your exams you will get into residency or fellowship in the field of
- Patient care before pregnancy, during and after delivering the baby.
- Genetic counseling and genetics.
- Female health related to hormones, reproductive system, sexual functionality and breast health.
- Female related cancer screening.
- Treating females for hormonal disorder and infections etc.
While training to be a gynaecologist, you can undergo surgical training too.
Common Procedures Done by Gynaecologists
As a gynaecologist, you will be trained to carry out certain diagnostic and surgical procedures. Such as:
- Ultrasounds and scanning.
- Pap smear tests.
- Microscopic examination of the cervix known as Colposcopy.
- Endometrial Biopsy which involves taking a sample of the lining of the uterus.
- Hysteroscopy which involves examination of the uterus with the use of an endoscope.
- Preparing the patient for a surgery.
- Minor surgeries like sterilization.
- Major surgeries like removal of fibroids from the uterus.
- Laparoscopy which is a keyhole abdominal procedure used for surgical as well as diagnostic purposes.
- Postoperative care.
What Does It Take To Become a Gynaecologist?
Becoming a medical doctor is a tough job.